Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lars Bolt


Even your temples are toned.
You must moisturize like a mother
Because I can’t find forty seven anywhere,
Except for maybe this midlife crisis car
Which I am dying to fill up with Furbies
Because those are the only things more outrageous
Than these character head shots you’re showing me.   
Bare chest. Hard hat.  Matte finish.
And you are doing it! Making a living. Smarming the intern into a date.
Once the light turns green I’m going to plummet you with complements
Watch you bat and gnash them with those pearly white bones.
Lars.  He swivels his brag into the bar stool.
He is elbow deep in status and I’m regretting all this lip gloss.
Two glasses in, I finally just tell him,
Buy bigger pants.
Your thighs are googling me.
And cool it with this small of the back business.
You know what I’m talking about.
     Ladies, you know what I’m talking about.
Where they arch you up to borrow your balance?
There’s no way out. 
You’re Souffléd.
We may have had a mirage of hope, Larz and me.
When he glowed up a smoke, I did feel a draw
As though I knew I would want to tune in next week.
His deep thumb ashed, and pulled focus down
Sunset Cement, to my Ohio feet, sandaled.
That’s when then numbers came
Like bucketed fish
Wading in the limited oxygen of someone else's catch.  



.

No comments:

Post a Comment