Tuesday, November 14, 2017

in:sent

Joanna here.  
Sending you the warm of something that feels like vanilla. 
Wanted to let you know
I'm not crafting sewers anymore. 
heaps of trash 
with wailing arms. 

I've given that all up.
I want you to know
I don't hold your name hostage. 
I acknowledge the grey area. In all things.
Everything is a grey area, until it's not. 
gnarled tree, rotting, nearly falling over, crawling with bugs
still sighs a kind of refuge. 

I just wasn't ready to jump into lover-hood.
It took me by surprise. Such a proposition.
And you must have known, I didn't come to you for that.
Immediately, I felt boxed in.
A feeling of trap grew around me
Blazed 'warning' in my mind.
It was innocent, enough... consensual on paper.
Still, my eyes blinked in smoke.

A man in power, reaching down to me.  
For sex.
While I was reaching up to him
to be taken seriously.

So, yeah, lately, I have been thinking of you.
What happened with us.
My path, crossed with yours.   
I'm writing, currently. 
Evolving.

Going in circles that move.

No comments:

Post a Comment