Saturday, September 30, 2017

Caramel Candy

You look different somehow 
I’m riding the train right now
Riding it clear outta town 
And someone here smells like you
The way your arm pit did
When I snuggled into it
And told you I’d never loved... 
Never loved like this before
Faith in men was restored 
Loved saved me from feelin forlorn
I was cast to sea
Till your arms found me


Three Children cry on the bus
Star dawn into star dusk
Lettin go is always rough
I watch the weeds below 
whip into a small tornadoe
I get to smellin you

I smile & think about
The laughs we’d laugh about
How fast the world goes round
Your Irish furrowed brow
I still could pick you out 
Pick you out of a crowded crowd,

But maybe the years without
Have changed us
Cuz you look different somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment