Monday, January 18, 2016

one day there will be a recovery program called iphone anonymous Or January in Southern Cal

I had chocolate today
its made up for the lack of movement. 
when the skies grey up like this 
part of me spiders in
curls
its a matter of sinking really
and I can only seem to hear the soft folding of my leggings each time my knees bend
its not even a sound, more of a kiss
I enjoy my legs in the sleeves of stretchy fabric
more than Kyle does
his stimulation is sourced elsewhere 
as is mine really
stuck in the nasal passages inside this running face
running into the sheets
running into my hands as I remember the things I was supposed to do are un-do-able today
(national holiday)
plus the overcast-ness 

but it was rather nice Saturday
the fog at night
over the boarded up shanties lining the mostly abandoned Venice Beach
muffled the bench v can argument from one bearded slinger to what may have been a woman
I was too far away and didn't have my glasses
he was yelling at her for something
but my sneakers and Kyle's boots already had resigned to look at the big black water
first time this year
sleeping bag clouds slowly receded their nonsense sounds

expansive
the dark widening edge
the mass of darkening grey floating overhead
drifting pirate ships swam across the moon
Buffalo gals won't ya come out tonight 
won't ya come out tonight won't ya come out tonight?
buffalo gals won't ya come out tonight 
and 
dance....

she wasn't full
she was sifting in and out of sight 
there was no use
my chin let go we were nearly there
the waves hooked something in my chest 
a pulling then crashing source surrounding splashing around the sound in the divots of our ears

I imagined the great squid
drumming underground in a deep salt stadium  
I called to her, "Help me--
this new trip around the sun again?
wtf?"

crashing smash

cool froth sipping my fingers, "Take me with your momentum
take us both and teach us how to play under there!"

"Send me your coasting current!"

something to fall back on...
to know -- to know that something's there

Only the slumbering fog

sand beneath me caved

this grey fog'll stick around all month

clinging is a type of winter here

No comments:

Post a Comment